Week Three Post One:

   I have experienced difficulties communicating with a business. I bought a chunky blanket online and I got no email confirmation or a tracking number. However, they did process my card number and took the money out of my bank account. I emailed them and I got no response from them. I ordered this item in November and I did not receive my item until two days before Christmas. The product also looked nothing like the pictures they advertised on their website. They had absolutely no communication with me and they did not respond to any of my emails. I personally had a negative experience with this company so I would not be buying from them again.
   I believe social media does solve problems faster and it helps people get noticed. For example, I have seen many people post Facebook statuses about an item being stolen, and many people share the post. This helps it spread to people all over the country so they can keep a look out for the stolen object. There have been numerous cases where people have actually found the object because they kept a look out on it. For example, I had a family friend who moved to Oregon and their trailer was stolen. They posted a Facebook status and thousands of people kept sharing it. This lead to the news channel to run their story, which caught even more attention. They did end up finding the trailer because of social media. I have also seen people use Facebook posts to help find missing people. Social media helps spread news faster and it draws more attention to the subject.
   Yes I have had a positive experience communicating through social media. I found an advertisement on Instagram for this clothing company. I direct messaged them and I asked them questions about their product. They responded quickly and they helped me out. Plus, in my family business we have a Facebook account and people message us there. So, I have seen it through both the customer and the companies point of view.
   If it was my own company, I would respond to positive and negative views with a friendly attitude. If someone posted a positive review I would say something like, "Thank you! I really appreciate it. I hope to see you again soon!" If someone were to post a negative review, I would apologize and see if there was any way we could fix the situation. I would also try to private message them and see if there was anything else I could do to help them out.
 

Comments

  1. I agree with the idea that information can be passed through facebook very quickly. That is why its so important for companies to keep track of their reputation and where they are in the conversation on social media. One bit of bad news can becomes one BIG STORY very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that social media is a great way to spread information quickly. I am sorry to her about your experience buying the blanket. unfortunately, that is the risk with online shopping. I have had some similar experiences but fortunately I have also had a lot of good luck. I to have seen people post on social media about lost or stolen things and I feel it’s a great way to get the word out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite things about social media communication is the fact that you can get direct with some bigger businesses. In the past it would take a lot just to get a real person on the phone, but I've seen customers commenting with issues on companies like Target's pages and getting direct responses. Its refreshing to see that companies keep their social media employed with enough operators to engage with individual customers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16

week 17

Week1A: My Template