Week Four Post One:

   The first website I chose was: http://jamilin.com/. There are three potential problems with this website. The first one is that it is very chaotic. When I first clicked on the website I felt overwhelmed and I did not want to explore further into the website. The second problem is that I have no idea what this website is about. It does not have a clear description about the website. A third problem is that it is not very eye appealing. The color scheme is very bland and the font is very small. This website could be improved by changing the layout of it and giving it more color. This website can also have a clear description about what the website is all about. I read a little bit about the website but I just felt confused. That is not something you want from a customer looking at your website. 
   The second website I chose was: http://gatesnfences.com/. This one has similar problems to the last one I discussed about. This website is very cluttered. There is too much happening on the page. The layout of it is not organized and the font is way too small. This website does not look professional whatsoever. This website is to promote your business. If the customer feels overwhelmed by your website they are most likely not going to hire you. This website could use a remodel. It needs to look more professional. I clicked on the pictures and it kept opening new pages which I felt was annoying. I think this website could improve on their layout and decluttering it.
   The third website I chose was: http://apple.com. Apple has done a lot of things right on their website. The first thing you see is a new product they came up with. This is good branding. If someone was going to find out information about a MAC, their attention would be drawn away for a couple of seconds looking at the new product Apple has. a second thing they did right was that everything on their website is organized. It is not overwhelming and every topic has a tab that people can click on. A third thing they did right was having a search button at the top of their website. If someone can not find what they are looking for they can just search for it. 
   The fourth website I chose was: http://www.pennyjuice.com/. This website has done some things right. The first thing that caught my attention was the color scheme of it. It had bright colors which accentuated the topic of the website. This website is about a kids juice, so it makes sense to use bright colors because children like bright colors. The second thing they did right was including their Facebook, Twitter and contact information on their page. If someone wanted to ask a question about the product they have three ways to go about it. The third thing they did right was having a clear description about their product. The consumer knows what the product is and has information about it. This helps the consumer want to buy the product because they know what they are purchasing.
   Design, aesthetics and branding impacted my reaction to the websites. It is the first thing you notice when you click on the website. The first reaction you get when you click on the website is going to persuade your opinion when you decide if you want to use that company or not. The color scheme is very important too. It has to correspond with your company. If you're a company who focuses on children products, you do not want to use dark, gloomy colors. Another important thing I noticed was a lot of websites are cluttered. They have too much going on on the first layer of their website. You do not want to make your potential customer feel overwhelmed by your website. They will not want to buy your product or use you for something they need. It is very important to have a clean and organized website. You want to draw the customer in not send them away.

Comments

  1. I didn’t visit the Jamilin site but I choose to visit the three other sites you choose. I completely agree with you that the GatesnFences website is very chaotic and that it should be cleaned up and organized better and that it would probably help increase business because the visitor of the site will be able to use it and not be shocked and confused when visiting their site. I also agree with you that the Apple website is a great website and that they have properly set it up and made it very easy to use. They utilize the site for promotions and products and they have a lot of content and information but they keep it organized and easy to find what you are looking for so that it is not overwhelming or confusing for the visitor. As for the Penny Juice website, I agree that the visitor can clearly identify the product they sell and all the information on it and that they are utilizing it for communication which is a great business practice. I also agree that the colors caught my attention and because of the product they sell bright colors can be used on their website but I feel they didn’t choose the correct colors or align them to complement each other, so at first glance something is off and hard on the eye.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16

week 17

Week1A: My Template